Seems like FOREVER that I have written a post! It’s really only been 10 days, but that IS forever in the blog world! 😉
Busy doesn’t even BEGIN to describe my life lately. My oldest has begun playing with a travel basketball team. Practices two times a week and then tournaments on the weekends. He’s thrilled…I’m EXHAUSTED! (No really…I’m BEYOND happy for him!). Ahhhh…a new beginning for me…
The life of a “Basketball Mom” (hopefully it won’t be like those Dance Moms…😝).
Let’s look at some Pros and Cons (from MY perspective)……
1. My son is participating in sport he LOVES and has the opportunity to continue to develop his skills.
2. He’s gets some new teammates and maybe some friends. (I get some new friends, too!😉)
3. Some light traveling. (I secretly LOVE hotels!!)
1. Practice 2 times a week = NO real gym time for Mom! This “con” has allowed me to run MORE, so I should add this as a “PRO” rather than a “CON”!
2. Time away from races, etc that I want to do because of traveling schedule. (Ehhhhh….I’ll figure something out!)
3. Being home on the weekends –>NO go! (Ehhhh….Refer to #3 from the PROS list)
I’m sure I can think of a few more for either list, but that’s good.
I have been able to run more, as I prepare for the 15k in February (22 days from today!!😁). I am only able to get in about 2.5 during the work week because of the kiddo activities. Not bad…but not great either. It could be worse and I couldn’t run at ALL! I am able to get 4 days of running in and I am working on getting a longer run on the weekends. Even after my upcoming race, I plan on continuing to run before any kiddo activity. Game at 9? Betta get up and run BEFORE!! #keepATit
These were all of my runs this week….
I don’t get to CF as much before and that makes me sad. I haven’t seen the inside of my box is almost 3 weeks! 😢
I will be incorporating some at home WODs to do, which is better than NOTHING! But I miss the interaction with other gym members…..
I’m currently pricing some kettle bells to invest in. I’m also shopping for a new DREADmill since the original has gone to heaven to be with the others.
I’m pleased that I have a plan (or a resemblance of a plan) for working out. It CAN be done…just takes a LOT of planning ahead.
WISH ME LUCK! ✌️❤️🏀 (and 🏊,🚴, and 🏃).