It’s a night off from any working out today! So….what am I doing?? Catching up on ALL my blog reading, both here and at Bloglovin. Bloglovin is where I was first thrusted, head first, into the blogosphere. If you are like me, and LOVE to read blogs, take a look. #blogADDICT
One of the blogs I read is from PopSugar. It’s a lifestyle blog…fitness, celebrities, nutrition, fashion, parenting, etc. I always read the fitness and nutrition sections. What caught my eye was the section on “burpees“. (you KNOW I hate them!!). This article highlighted foods we eat and how many burpees (in time increments) you would need to do, in order to burn the calories. Oh…I’m INTRIGUED….and SCARED!
According this article, 1 minute of burpees burns an average of 10 calories. (THAT’S IT?!?!?!? I’m going to test this theory VERY soon! I’ll keep you posted!). They had a list of popular foods, the caloric count and how man minutes of burpees that are needed to 🔥burn, baby, BURN🔥 it off. Here are some of my (used to be) favorites:
- Pepperoni pizza (1 slice) – 298 calories : 30 min of burpees
- McDonald’s fries (Med) – 380 calories : 38 min of burpees
- Red velvet cupcake – 496 calories: 50 min of burpees
- 5oz glass of red wine – 115 calories: 11 min and 30 sec of burpees
- 12oz beer – 150 calories: 15 min of burpees
- Cheeseburger – 423 calories : 42 min and 20 sec of burpees
All I can say is WOW!!! Now, some of the items didn’t give serving sizes, so I’m not 100% sure how accurate some of the calorie count is. But for all intents and purposes, let’s pretend we know what the serving size is. And therefore, you get the point, right?? If you are going to HAVE some, you better WORK! #youvebeenWARNED
What are your thoughts on this??