Thanks to Cupcakes and Miles for the tag on this “getting to know you” survey! So….heeeeeeeere we go!
1. Would you rather run along the beach path or a moutain trail? Always and FOREVER…the beach! I wish I could live (or rather AFFORD to live) by the beach.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race aid stations, what would it be? LEMON LIME!!
3. If you were given $100 gift card to a running store,what would you purchase with it? Hands down…Under Armour Play Up shorts! Like…in EVERY possible color!!
4. Do you prefer to following a training plan or wake up and then decide how far or fast you want to run? In the perfect world, I would PREFER to follow a plan! (If you know any good ones…PLEASE let me know!!!) However…life (as I know it now) is preferring the “willy nilly” approach! Menaing…Sunday, I determine WHEN I run and HOW FAR I will run based on what the kiddos have planned! Double meaning…whatever I can get in!! 😉
5. Would you rather start your run worth the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end on the uphill? Oh God!!! Start with the uphill, PUH-LEEZE!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross training do you choose to do? CrossFit or swimming .
7. What’s your preference—> out and back, point to point, or loop runs? I always remember WHEN and WHERE (mentally) I became tired, so I prefer to mix it up! I don’t have a preference…..
8. If you had to recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be……? SHOES!!! I don’t care what top you have, what awesome running shorts you have…what GPS watch you own….you can’t have a good run without the most important piece of equipment…shoes! Everyone eventuall finds the brand they like…I’m a Brooks girl! And I LOVE my Adrenaline 14s….
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs? I’ve seen alligators in the lakes, and swans (are they really WILD??)
10. Ever gotten lost while on a run? NOPE!! And I don’t want to, either!
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days….what would it be? DORITOS! No….I kid! I’d probably like a COLD piece of fruit like an apple (Honey Crisp, Jazz, Braeburn) or a peach (GEORGIA, that is….!)
12. Capris or shorts? What do you run in most? Because I live in Florida, shorts. I should’ve, however, be running in capris! #legsNOTcute
13. At what mile (or how many minites) into your windows your body start to feel like it’s warming up and ready to go? Mile 2 is my jam! It feels like I have found my groove and I can take on any race!
14. What do you do with your keys when you run? Good ol’ fashion safety pin to the inside of my shorts!😉
15. If you had to relive any race that you’ve done in the past,which one? It would be my first 10k in Decenber 2014, the Jungle Bell run. That’s the first (and only) time that I felt like a runner ! I felt strong!
16. What type of run is your least favorite? Without at doubt…anything with HILLS!!
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start? I guess technically since I run after work (60 miles from home), I DRIVE somewhere (Winter Haven,FL) to start!
18. When running in the daylight are sunglasses a must or an annoyance? They are a pain!! I choose a baseball cap, ALWAYS because I live in Florida!
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting? My POWER song on my iPod! Which ones, you ask? “You Can Do It” by Ice Cube
….or “Inside the Fire” by Disturbed
There you have it! Let me here from you…
Monday Funny for you…..